Published: 11/23/2019 November 23rd, 2019
When compared with a lot of its neighbors in the centre East, Jordan is definitely an extremely safe country to go to.
After I is at Jordan, Irrrve never experienced any issues of safety. And couple of people provided that “what are you currently doing here?” look. Rather, I discovered everybody to become happy, curious, and welcoming.
And numerous solo female travelers I understand have observed exactly the same factor.
In a nutshell, while people might have some trepidation concerning the region, Jordan is among the safest places to go to in the area, and sure little goes wrong here. Actually, the Jordanian government puts lots of effort and cash into making visitors feel safe through high-profile security and police presence in tourist regions as well as in hotels.
What exactly must you consider before you decide to mind to Jordan? And what are the parts you need to avoid?
The following cover the security issues you will have to consider before you decide to visit Jordan so that you can enjoy every moment of the trip. Should you keep these pointers in your mind, you will be safe during Jordan!
1. Be familiar with your possessions – Because of an elevated police presence in Jordan, even petty crime minute rates are pretty low, but it’s usually sensible to remain conscious of where your possessions are. There has been reports of pickpockets and purse-snatchers in a few of the more crowded areas of Amman’s old town center and also at major tourist sites.
2. Steer clear of the borders with Syria and Iraq – It’s common understanding that Syria and Iraq are unsafe places to go to right now, which reaches their frontiers with Jordan. No primary attractions are near these borders, so it seems sensible simply to keep obvious.
3. Avoid public protests – It appears the regular public demonstrations in Jordan happen to be peaceful, but likewise, it follows to prevent big gatherings such as this if you’re able to help it to.
Within the capital, Amman, you will find frequently demonstrations on Thursday nights or after Friday mid-day hopes, close to the office from the pm. Additionally they have a tendency to occur when major economic issues are now being debated or on significant wedding anniversaries. Keep close track of the neighborhood media so you’re in a position to avoid accidentally being distracted by any nearby protests.
4. Be familiar with your safety in taxi rides – There has been a couple of reports from female travelers about harassment from taxi motorists. The easiest method to avoid this really is to sit down within the back and turn into alert. They are very isolated occurrences in most cases, taxi motorists in Jordan are actually useful.
5. Be cautious around the Desert Highway – Highway 15, which runs north to south through Jordan, is among the primary routes between Amman along with other centers, like Aqaba. There has been times when the highway is closed due to unrest in Ma’an within the south, along with other parts are blocked every so often. Look into the local news for just about any closures and try to follow police instructions.
6. Buy travel cover – As much as you travel, it is best to come with an appropriate degree of travel cover, since who knows when something will go wrong. Buy travel cover whenever you book your vacation to assist you of the emergency in order to compensate you for thievery or injuries. Irrrve never leave the house without them.
Faq’s on Jordan Safety
Here are a few solutions towards the most faq’s I recieve about safety in Jordan:
May be the plain tap water safe to consume in Jordan?
In most cases, the faucet water in Jordan is protected to consume. Many hotels may have water purifiers too just to get clean consuming water. If you are doubtful of the water’s cleanliness, boil it for any minute first or make use of a SteriPen or LifeStraw to purify it.
There aren’t any comprehensive recycling programs in Jordan so most moldable results in landfills. Avoid single-use plastic if you’re able to.
What are the scams in Jordan?
Like the majority of countries, there’s a couple of scams you’ll want to understand when visiting. The most typical scams involve taxi motorists overcharging you or taking yourself on an extended route, shop proprietors suggesting that handicrafts are created in your area when they’re not, and shop proprietors selling “antiques” which are just cheap replicas.
The majority of the scams are merely attempting to swindle you which means you needn’t worry an excessive amount of regarding your safety. Keep your wits in regards to you and you can avoid these common petty scams.
To learn more, read this publish on common scams.
Could it be safe to go to Jordan solo?
Like anywhere, there’s a couple of extra safeguards you need to take whenever you travel solo, but Jordan is certainly an excellent destination nevertheless. The Jordanian individuals are really friendly and welcoming, and you’ll make plenty of local buddies.
Is Jordan safe to go to for solo female travelers?
Solo female travelers may wish to go ahead and take standard safeguards here additionally to being conscious from the clothing they put on. Obviously, you’ll want to make sure you are correctly covered when entering religious sites but you may even want to hide when out going through the country in particular too.
Undesirable attention could be stored away by dressing such as the locals and covering your uncovered skin. Lengthy pants and lengthy-sleeve shirts goes a lengthy means by assisting you look less just like a tourist whilst stopping undesirable attention.
Listed here are a couple of useful posts on safety compiled by our solo female travel experts:
- How you can Stay Safe like a Solo Female Traveler
- 8 Myths About Solo Female Travel Debunked
- 10 Common Questions Regarding Solo Female Travel
Must I be worried about a terrorist attack in Jordan?
Government warnings for travelers to Jordan do mention the potential of terrorist attacks, considering some occurrences previously, especially one at Karak Castle in 2016, whenever a Canadian tourist was wiped out. There are also several extremist terrorist plots disrupted through the Jordanian government bodies. Therefore the threat exists, however the government is generally proficient at monitoring and using these.
Overall, the terrorist attack warnings are in exactly the same level as numerous europe that you’d most likely visit without thinking about this whatsoever.
Despite a number of its neighbors being countries I do not recommend visiting right now (for example Iraq and Syria) Jordan is very welcoming to vacationers, and also the government, that is keen to possess more foreign visitors, has had many safeguards to make sure your safety.
The friendly locals — coupled with incredible ancient architecture, stunning desert settings, and also the uniqueness of going to the Dead Ocean, among other sites — will make certain you’ve got a completely enjoyable visit to Jordan.
Book Your Vacation to Jordan: Logistical Tips and Methods
Book Your Flight
Look for a cheap flight by utilizing Skyscanner or Momondo. They’re my two favorite search engines like google simply because they search websites and airlines around the world which means you always know nothing remains unturned.
Book The Resort
To get the best budget accommodation, use Booking.com because they consistently return the least expensive rates for guesthouses and economical hotels. You are able to book your hostel with Hostelworld because they possess the very indepth inventory. Here are a few of my personal favorite accommodations in Jordan:
- Nomads Hotel and Hostel (Amman)
- Petra Gate Hostel and Hotel (Petra)
- Arabian nights (Wadi Rum)
Don’t Forget Travel Cover
Travel cover will safeguard you from illness, injuries, thievery, and cancellations. It’s comprehensive protection in situation anything goes completely wrong. Irrrve never use a trip without them when i’ve had for doing things many occasions previously. I’ve used World Nomads for 10 years. My personal favorite firms that provide the best service and cost are:
- World Nomads (for everybody below 70)
- Insure My Trip (for individuals over 70)
Searching to find the best companies to save cash with?
Take a look at my resource page to find the best companies to make use of whenever you travel! I list all of the ones I personally use to save cash after i travel — and i believe can help you too!
The publish Is Jordan Safe to go to? made an appearance first on Nomadic Matt's Travel Site.